Life's Comfort

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Chicken in Creamy Creole Sauce

Chicken can be treated right, I learnt this from my friend last week and the feelings it left on me made me decide to do a post on it and it was simply delicious! and I think I'll have to make it again for sure and if I can't get the real taste, then I'll have to call her to come around. She used chicken parts instead of the ussual chicken breasts, added some sliced hot sausage and a small can of sliced mushrooms. She skipped the milk part, I thought the sauce was perfect just the way it was. Chicken Breasts in Creamy Creole SauceChicken breast recipe for crockpot with bacon, chicken breasts, green onions, Cajun or Creole seasoning, and tomato paste.
Cook Time : 8 hours(you have to make a lot of sacrifice to get this)
This is how we did the mouth watering magic
INGREDIENTS:
1 bunch green onions
2 slices bacon
1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
3 tablespoons butter4 tablespoons flour
3/4 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons tomato paste
4 chicken breast halves
1/2 cup half and half or milk.
PREPARATION:In a saucepan, melt butter over medium low heat. Add onions and bacon, cook and stir for 2 minutes.
Add flour, stir and cook for 2 more minutes.
Add chicken broth; cook until thick then add tomato paste.
Place chicken breasts in the slow cooker/Crock Pot; add sauce mixture.
Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours, stirring after 3 hours.
Stir in milk about 30 minutes before done.
Then serve over pasta or rice.

Technorati tags: Chiken ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


Powered by Blogger